Friday, May 1, 2009

La Traviata

Tonight, I have the immense privilege of participating in the new Tasmanian Opera Chorus as we accompany The Melbourne Opera Company in their production of Verdi's La Traviata at the Theatre Royal. I missed most of the rehearsals due to other commitments, and have kind of come in at the last minute, but I have to tell you - this experience is great. The camaraderie, the fabulous music, the fun staging, the FANTASTIC costumes - bliss! All of this validates my firm belief that this really is what I want to do. I wouldn't mind if I was a chorus-girl for the rest of my life. What fun there is in forming part of the chorus in an opera. We get to do Tosca at the end of the year... isn't that wonderful? I'm turning into a raving opera loony!

1 comment:

  1. Oh gorgeousness! That is fabulous!!! There is nothing quite like validating what you know you want to do forever!!!

    Awesome to the max.

    ReplyDelete