Wednesday, January 13, 2010

You don't have to get a haircut

Here I go
And there's no turning back
My great adventure has begun
I may be small
But I've got giant plans
To shine as brightly as the sun

I will blaze until I find my time and place
I will be fearless,
Surrendering modesty and grace
I will not disappear without a trace
I'll shout and start a riot
Be anything but quiet
Christopher Columbus
I'll be astonishing

I can't really explain it
I haven't got the words
It's a feeling that you can't control
I suppose it's like forgetting, losing who you are
And, at the same time, something makes you whole
It's like that there's a music playing in your ear
And I'm listening, and I'm listening, and then I disappear

If I didn't believe in you
We'd never have gotten this far
If I didn't believe in you
And all of the ten thousand women you are
If I didn't think you could do
Anything you ever wanted to
If I wasn't certain that you'd come through somehow
The fact of the matter is, Cathy
I wouldn't be standing here now

And then I feel a change
Like a fire deep inside
Something bursting me wide open
Impossible to hide
And suddenly I'm flying, flying like a bird
Like electricity, electricity
Sparks inside of me
And I'm free, I'm free

I thought, together,
We'd amaze the world
How can I live my dreams or even start
When everything has come apart?

I thought home was all I'd ever want
My attic, all I'd ever need
Now, nothing feels the way it was before
And I don't know how to proceed
I only know I'm meant for something more
I've got to know if I can be
Astonishing

I care, I'll lift you up to
See where I will always
Be there, any time you call
And I will take us back
Into a life of more than we've
Been through, beyond the lengths that we
Went to to be here, after all
And though we sometimes stumble and you're scared
I'm always there to catch your fall...

I'll give you stars and the moon and the open highway
And a river beneath your feet
I'll give you day full of dreams if you travel my way
And a summer you can't repeat
I'll give you nights full of passion and days of adventure
No strings, just warm summer rain

I am not that brave
Sometimes I need to hear you whisper
"Everything's O.K... You'll be fine
I'll help you find your way..."
And I have nothing but faith in you
All that I am is what you are and we are
I would give anything up for you...

It's a bit like being angry,
it's a bit like being scared
Confused and all mixed up and mad as hell
It's like when you've been crying
And you're empty and you're full
I don't know what it is, it's hard to tell

But lie in my arms while you're sleeping
And think of the rivers you've crossed
I'll tell you the dreams I've been keeping
For moments like this
When your hope is lost

There's a life
That I am meant to lead
A life like nothing I have known
I can feel it
And it's far from here
I've got to find it on my own

Hear my song
It'll help you believe in tomorrow
Hear my song
It'll show you the way you can shine
Hear my song
It was made for the time
When you don't know where to go
Listen to the song that I sing
You'll be fine

Even now, I feel its heat upon my skin
A life of passion that pulls me from within
A life that I am making to begin
There must be somewhere I can be
Astonishing

Child, I know you're frightened
And your throat's parched and dry
But just trust in Mama's singing
And the gift tomorrow's bringing
Trust it, don't ask why

Just lie in my arms
And I'll tell you
The things that you know but forget
The lies no one ever could sell you
I know that it's hard
But don't give up yet

I don't want you to hurt
I don't want you to sink
But you know what I think?
I think you'll be fine!
Just hang on and you'll see-
But don't make me wait till you do
To be happy with you
Will you listen to me?
No one can give you courage
No one can thicken your skin
I will not fail so you can be comfortable, Cathy
I will not lose because you can't win

But I was sure that all I ever wanted
Was a life that was scripted and planned
And he said, "But you don't understand —

Listen to the song that I sing
Listen to the words in my heart
Listen to the hope I can bring
And you'll start to grow
And shine

Listen to the song that I sing
And trust me
We'll be fine

A new world calls across the ocean...








---------------
SONGS

"If I Didn't Believe In You", The Last Five Years by Jason Robert Brown
"Brave", Gavin Mikhail
"Catch Your Fall", Gavin Mikhail
"Electricity", Billy Elliot by Elton John
"Astonishing", Little Women by somebody I can't remember the name of, hee hee
"Stars and the Moon", Songs for a New World by Jason Robert Brown
"Hear My Song", Songs for a New World by Jason Robert Brown



How do you feel today?

Sometimes, the music in your head can answer that question better than you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment